Local Market - Portabella Mushrooms and a Damn Good Red!

Local Market 701 Whaley Street:  My first visit to the Wednesday night market was worth the 50+ mile drive.  Rosso Trattoria served a portabella mushroom stuffed with all sorts of unbelievably yummy veggies; after that experience I have added a visit to their restaurant to my ‘to-do’ list.

Rachels Wildfour Bakery had their ‘this-should-be-against-the-law’ super rich brownie concoction guaranteed to make me fat and happy and Emile Defelice had bottles of something called ‘a damn good red’ – it was damn good.  Don’t know what it was but I’m going to have to go back for a bottle of that.
Normally I only make the trip to about once a month or so but my mother is snowbirding in Columbia until April so now I have an excuse to make the drive more often.  For the very best pork, honey, eggs, handcrafted items and a wonderful breakfast or dinner check out the Local Market at 701 Whaley St. here:  http://stateplate.org/

No comments: