Plant your root crops today in the waning moon

Just a day or two left of the waning moon.  Tuesday I planted the garden at the museum and yesterday planted my own garden at home.  The waning moon is the time to plant your root crops and if you live in the south there are all kinds of goodies that you can plant:  Garlic, Onions, Carrots, Radishes, Turnips, and probably much more that I don't know about.

No matter how many onions I plant it never seems to be enough; we cut the tops all through the growing season for salads, soups, stir fry, chopped into bread or biscuits and added to omelets and scrambled eggs.

  Once the onions are harvested they are hung OUTSIDE.  Grocery store onions were always stored in a basket in the kitchen but I quickly (within 1 hour) figured out that the homegrown variety are much too pungent to be stored in the house.  Same with our garlic. 

Note:  No planting at all is advised in the dark of the moon which is coming up in a few days.  I think it is natures way of encouraging garden addicts like me to go inside and take a break.